Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1: Working in the Shop

I actually joined Kevin and Dad in the shop this afternoon.  We are still setting up and getting organized, so Dad's help has been greatly appreciated.  The shop is starting to really look like a place where business can happen.  That is important since we are officially a business and should have the Conditional Use Permit tomorrow.

My task in the shop, today, is to actually paint the sign that will be hung outside.  I could have been working on it earlier, but we did not want to jinx things and try to be legal and follow the rules in all that we do.  SOOOOOOOOO...today I started the actual painting.  Don't be too impressed until I actually finish it.  I am making a stencil using the sign I created on Word.  If it does not work, I am thinking I will have a very thick board BECAUSE I will be painting it over and starting again.  I am not a sign painter, but Kevin seems to have faith in me.  I do like a challenge, but based on the amount of paint on my hands one of us should be worried!  Then again, I would have been fine if I had not bumped the gallon of white paint on the upper shelf.  lol  More on my progress tomorrow.

As I said ideas are fine but action is needed to get us anywhere, right?

Life is GOOD!

No comments: