Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3: What I Saw


If you remember back on May 15th when I first moved in, I shared a photo from the porch showing the crop across the road.  It was corn.
"Knee-high by the 4th" is the expectation for a good harvest.  This year the crop is well beyond that. 
.I spent about 15 minutes talking on Skype with some of my grandkids.  Bryson made a gorgeous sticker picture that he needed to share with us.  Anna just liked to climb up on the desk and get really close to "chat".  Dean and I talked about a few things and he read words from his flash cards. Then we did one of our favorite things.  We talked about the Presidents of the United States.  He is going to be 5 in November, but he has been able to visually identify all the presidents for well over a year.  He also knows many facts about them.  Tonight we talked about where the presidents were born and where they lived as adults, the names of all their spouses, and their other occupations besides being President.  He was really fascinated that so many were farmers.

When I finished, I turned around and walked into the living room and this is what I saw.  The guys were both deeply involved in "Angry Birds".  Kind of sweet if you ask me.  After a long day of working in the shop, baking cookies,doctor visits, making dinner for us, and doing dishes after each meal they deserved the downtime!

Life is GOOD!

No comments: