Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30: Heart Doctor - Pontoon - Griffin's Quilt

Dad found a new heart doctor as part of moving to Sioux Falls.  Today was his first appointment.  He got a full work-up and will probably get a couple more prescriptions, but did not hear that anything else had changed.  Seems to be pleased with this doctor. =0)

Kevin is on his way to take the pontoon boat to the boat doctor.  It will not be a couple hour visit.  Seems that there are lots of boats needing to be "healed".  They said they would look it over in the next couple of days and then get back to us about what needs to be fixed.  Sounds like an expensive thought.  =0(

Griffin's t-shirt quilt top is almost finished.  I am guessing that before supper I will have all the borders in place.  The binding is prepped.  Now all we need is the quilting frame, gray flannel backing, batting, and t-shirt gray thread.  =0}

Okay, here is a little confession, too. I have heard that it is good for the soul so maybe it will be great for the waistline, too.  Since coming back to South Dakota I have gained 10 pounds.  Part is allowing myself to celebrate every birthday without accounting for the number of calories each dish of ice cream or pie entails. Learning to make pizza on the grill has also contibuted. Part is stress-eating (It is not good or bad, just getting things done and accepting that all things in a new business take longer than I imagined.)  Life has changed and I am pleased with it, but I am still working at adjusting.  Heat and humidity are also a factor because they tend to make me want to sit more and move less.  Another part is not journalling.  So today, I have confessed, but beginning yesterday, I have also taken action that will get things back on track. Excuses have been checked at the door.  Since I threw out all my "big girl" clothes and have NO intentions of buying larger, I have to do this.  However, the bigger pieces are that when I was reflecting this weekend it was like the light came on and said, 10 pounds ago felt so much better mentally and physically.  A few sticks of Extra gum have helped to refocus, so I have a pack in the kitchen and one in the studio.  I have also cut up celery and am using it as a snack - don't say yuck, until you try it.  It leaves such a fresh feeling in my mouth.  Until the 10 are off, I will be mentioning them every couple days.  Hopefully they will come off as easily as they went on.  MIGHT AS WELL DREAM BIG!!  =0P

Life is GOOD!

No comments: