Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27: Today

Guess I missed the point of my last post's title.  What about today?  Well, my mind seems to be moving in way too many directions lately and I am finding myself needing to refocus of the task I intended to do.

As I said we have been working on the computer writing ads, designing  brochure and making our first "catalog" of Kevin's work.  However, I got side tracked when I was in Word checking for some other templates and found one for weekly menu planning. It is Friday and the day we do the grocery shopping.  Of course this lead me to planning the week's menus and then making the grocery list.  Looks pretty cool.  Then there is the marathon shopping that happens on Friday.  We don't just go to the grocery store, we run all the piddly errands, too.  All this food related stuff and running the errands took us about 3 1/2 hours.

Of course,yesterday, when Dad went with me to pay for the quilting frame, he found embroidery software to make an adorable baby quilt with applique puppies.  It was not in his format, so I needed to get on my computer and format each design.  Not a really difficult process, but I had not done any for him in a while and forgot the magic step of dragging an image into the EMB5 file before it will load on the embroidery machine.  That meant I spent a couple of hours fudging around on it to get it right.  Guess I should write myself some instructions, huh?

Did I mention that we got our first Colorado peaches of the season?  There is a very worthy distraction.  These are the best eating peaches we have each year, so I had to take time to make some into a peach ice cream pie and am just about to go and make freezer jam with more of them.  The timing is not perfect but the eating will be. Yummy!

Well, this blogging is not getting anything done, so I will sign off.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: