Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 12: Afternoon Report

Remember these blocks from the blog I was writing about Vermont? 

Well I did not sew from 9:10 to 11:40. I did sew but there were several interruptions. First there was a visit from a possible shower contractor and then before I finished with my self-chosen "me time", Kevin and his dad showed up to hand wall quilt racks in my studio. Even so, I still managed to sew and press for 2 1/2 hours.

I managed to get 36 partial blocks (4-patch parts) sewn this morning.  I am going to finish up with the blue borders this evening.  Might even try to cut them with the "lil Twister" template.  Time will tell.  If the guys go shooting, I will have no issues whatsoever with having the whole evening for stitching.  If they don't go, I will work on a new project and watch a movie with them.





This is my second version of "Star light, Star bright....."  The first as a gift.  This one is going to be part of a series of snow people.  I will probably frame it tomorrow.  My next one will have a 4th of July theme.  I will draw it today, but am debating flag, fireworks, or parts of both.  These are original designs, so I just go with what happens.  Needle punch is rather mindless once you get the design figured out, so it is a great project for just relaxing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore this snow pillow. You are so talented. Love you, Debbie