Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9: Construction

Today I worked down in the shop helping to build my carving bench tool trays.  I used the drill press to cut 30 circles out of two boards.  That will give me 30 cradles for my chisels and other carving tools. This gives me a little room to expand my chisels in the future, but will also help me to limit myself to using what I have.  (More is not always better, it is just more.) When I finished my part, Kevin cut the boards in half and glued up my carving tool trays. 


When that was finished, I sanded the cabinet tops for my cupboards in my quilt studio.   We decided to go with a sheet of plywood cut and banded to make them.  I was the very first to use the new downdraft table built to improve air quality by sucking up most of the sawdust created by the sander.  It did a great job!  About the time I finished sanding, Dad returned from coffee with his friends, so I let him help Kevin do the varnishing of the boards.  He seemed pleased to take over and be of help.

Kevin and I are not communicating as well as usual on the building of my carving bench shelves.   The bench itself is great!   It is not that we really think things should be done differently, but rather that we have talked about it so much over several months that we keep reorganizing the plan back and forth.  I am headed down to the shop to see if we are on the same page again.  Hope to be carving tomorrow.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: