Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11: Busy as Usual

This morning I ran to town early to find child-size hangers and a purple tub to complete Anna's dress-up wardrobe.  While I was gone, Kevin and Dad cut out the pieces for the wardrobe.  We will be painting it a deep purple and adding a colorful curtain rather than a door to the front.  You will have to wait to see it until next Wednesday when we give it to the birthday girl.

My main reason for going to town was to take the state sales/use tax seminar.  I am quite the rule follower so I wanted to make certain I understood all that I read.  If you purchase something and pick it up in our shop it has a 4% sales tax, but if you buy it elsewhere in the state it could cost 7.5%  or more.  Have to know how to do all of this correctly.  Also did a walk-through on how to pay my sales tax, so I am feeling much more prepared.

At lunch time, the contractor came to talk about the remodeling of our attached garage into 2 bedrooms, a storage area, and a play room-grandkid space.  Don't know when it will be started, but we are thinking it will be by the end of the month.  Since the space will be off the kitchen, rather than off the main stairwell, I think the fun factor (Laughing, yelling, and just having plan old kid fun!!!) will be enhanced.

The rest of my afternoon has been spent organizing papers to enter information into the QuickBooks and to make certain all is filed correctly. 

As I have said repeatedly, there really is no downtime where any of us are complaining that there is nothing to do.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: