Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28: Randomness

Last night I used my Purple Cow for the first time. Remember the rhyme---I never saw a purple cow, I never hope to see one, but this I can tell you, I would rather see than be one. So what is this purple cow that I used? It is a hot and cold laminating machine. It took us 2 tries to do our laminating in a smooth fashion, but once we did it looked so good.







Remember the first signs I made to tell customers that we were in the shop?  The finish did not work and made the black paint run all over them. (Afterwards, Dad told us that he had the same prolem with that can of finish.  It was his, so why did he keep it?)   I decided to cut my losses and make something simpler.  The arrow will hang next to the front door when we are down in the shop working.  The "open" sign will hang on a hook on the front of the building while we are open and then go inside when we close.  Like I said, nothing fancy but may help to draw in people as they drive by.

I am delighted to report that we are still receiving rain.  It means we will not be taking the pontoon boat out for its maiden run of the season, but the rain is so much more important!

Life is GOOD!


1 comment:

Castle Family said...

are you trying to make me jealous? :-)