Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19: A Day of Family

We had breakfast with two of my sisters and one brother-in-law.  I split a meal with Kevin.  I had a great blueberry brioche french toast, and Kevin had the eggs, bacon, and hash browns that I did not want.  It was so tasty, so imagine the calories were not on the LOW side but ohhhh...............

Then I came home and did some painting on my signs. I had painted one side of each sign last night. so I finished up the back sides with the other words. One of the finishes we tried did not agree with the paints so the one side of the signs has a very aged or maybe weathered appearance. Might have to redo, huh?





 Then I worked on a few other tasks until my niece Isabella and sister Jodie came and dropped off my other sister and spent some time talking.  I then spend a good chunk of the day with my sister Debbie.  We talked and sorted all the acrylic paints that we brought from my FIL's house.  Kevin and his dad built a number of simple shelves between the studs on the t-wall.  Doesn't it have a colorful appearance.

Tonight Kevin and I had a very tasty dinner over at my brother Jim and his wife Teresa's house. The rhubarb/peach/apple dessert was definitely a favorite for me.  Debbie and her husband were spending the night there, so the  6 of us spent a few hours just laughing, talking and enjoying some family moments.

Planning, scheduling, and finding a space to gather with a big family is not easy, but since we have been here (2 months) we have managed to spend time with each of my siblings families.  I have so many sisters, a brother, and lots of nieces, nephews, and even a few greats living close by, that schedules, etc, make whole family gatherings harder to come by.  Therefore,  we are enjoying having these smaller family meals.  Besides it gives us time to get reacquainted with everyone because we can focus in on a few of the "characters" at one time.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: