Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16: What Progress!!!!

Yesterday, we worked on some of the big items, like a t-wall which will be used to help divide the space and provide more wall space to help us set up some of the other pieces of equipment.

Today Kevin and I built this workbench for the mortiser and the scroll saw.  Dad tested the height of the scroll say and is now thinking of all the things he might make at it. 
Another side of the t-wall is now where we are hanging all the clamps.  That meant we had to move this wall from one place to another.  It's new location will make work so much more convenient.

On the other side of the t-wall are the bigger, free standing machines like the planner, the router, and panel sander. These are still subject to relocation.

The next picture shows the second lumber rack.  Kevin and I also finished building it this morning.  This rack holds wood for specific projects.


See this table?  When we took a brief lunch break, I told Kevin we would not be stopping our work today until it was cleared.  Later I said that if we were not done by 5:00 I was quiting for the day, anyway.  Below is a picture of how we left it at 6:00.  ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE!
Kevin had complete say in where every piece of equipment was placed   with the exception of MY carving bench.  Once all of this was done, I got busy with the sorting, relocating, and labeling of
all the "little" things.  I also cleaned and cleaned when I was not helping with the building of things. 

I can really operate the driver and put in all the screws one might need.  =0) 



 

If you look at the workbench in the back of the photo you will see two white items.  I am making two signs to hang next to the front door.  One side will say "welcome" and the other one will say "in the shop".  During work hours we will also have a sign on the door of the shop.  We don't expect lots of visitors or customers in the actual shop, but we definitely want everyone to feel welcome.  ;0)
Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

I should have loaned you my label maker.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Did not need one, but I do think I will be buying a laminating machine like you talked about so I can make tags for the furniture, etc.