Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23: Stitching and Stitching

It is just to blame hot to do anything outside!  That worked in my favor today.  I spent most of it in the basement where my quilt studio is located.  I sewed sets of 2 strips together and then cut them in lengths of 6 1/2".  Next I sewed these pieces into longer lengths.  They will be cut into 6 1/2" blocks and then sewn together like rail fences.  This bunk bed quilt is going to be VERY bright, just like the other one I did yesterday.

We also went and got a very close estimate on the quilting frame for my HQ Sixteen.  Once I added the rolling casters, the sled, shipping costs, and taxes it will bring the price up to about $2,700. Before I can actuallypurchase the frame I needed to find out one piece of information to make certain the frame works with my stitch regulator.

Finally, we went out and celebrated the fact that Dad's house is sold and the money is in the bank.  He is so much more relaxed now that it is done.  We went to Olive Garden where my niece Isabella was our server.  (She is quite the charmer!)  The service was great, the food was excellent and far too plentiful, but we were all members of the "clean plate club", anyway. 

Still hotter than blazes, but we are blessed with air conditioning.  We know we are lucky!

Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

grandmatomato said...

Glad to hear you could celebrate the complete sale of the house. Sounds like the three of you are going to be quite the team. Pretty soon you will be quilting all of the tops you are getting done.