Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21: Sewing Despite the Headache


My head still hurts, but playing with fabric seems to help me refocus, at least today. 

I need some fun quilts to use when displaying and photographing bunk beds.  I remembered that I had tons of coin strips sewn and lots of 5" strips cut, so I combined them to make blocks for a very bright, cheerful rail fence twin sized quilt. For now I am just putting them up randomly on my new design wall.  I actually think I will have more than enough coins and strips to make 2 similar quilts.  All the little strips in the coins make me smile because they are the leftover parts of other quilts and clothing that I have made.

Back when I made my first quilt in 1977, I made what my mom thought was a "way too bright" quilt for my son.  Today I hung it on a wall rack and thought about how much it had been through and how even though it has faded, the colors are still very vividly remembered in my head.

Life is GOOD!

No comments: