Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25: Yesterday's Fun

No change in the weather and none expected today --- HOT AND HUMID!!!
I spent a large chunk of yesterday doing paperwork for the business and for us personally.  The business stuff is still novel and interesting.  This is going to be something that requires at least weekly attention, but I do love the challenge. However, I really do not love to balance the household budget and make it all work, but it is the grown-up thing to do.  Now it is done and ready to act on for the month, so let the other fun begin.  Later today it will be menu planning, but I actually enjoy it.

In the evening, the three of us went down to my quilt studio and opened up all the boxes that Dad brought for his embroidery machine.  We figure out how to set up his space, and now he is downstairs organizing himself.  He seems to be fairly excited to have his own sewing space, again.

For my part, I had help packing up the "useless parts" of my original quilting frame and then did some more placing of items on the walls or in storage.  There is more space and room for my new quilting frame.  Today, I am going to do a little more organizing and then work on quilt blocks for the bunk beds.  It is so pleasant to have a cool space to work in on these hot, humid days.  (Of course, I am going to buy some UGGs (boots) to wear down on the tiled floors this winter --- I love the cold but not on my feet.)

Life is GOOD!

No comments: